Monday, October 20, 2008

End of the Rainbow


I can hear it now...."There's now way you can actually reach the end of a rainbow.", but bear with me. I was driving from Salem to Eugene, OR and hit a small rain squall. What made it unique was that the sun was behind me to the Northwest, shining brightly while I drove through the rain. Ahead of me was a beautiful arc of a rainbow. As I drove, I could see that the cloud producing the rain had a definite end and was moving in a Southeasterly direction leaving the right side of the rainbow dead ahead of me on the freeway. I could even see the colors reflecting in the wet roadway. The rain stayed in front of me, the sun continued to shine behind me and as I reached the edge of the cloud, the last bit of rainbow danced in front of me and was gone as I passed onto dry pavement.
Now, of course, the logical side of me says I didn't really reach the end of the rainbow, but the romantic in me says I could swear I saw a glint of GOLD as I reached dry freeway. I'm just sayin'...you gotta believe.

No comments: